Lifetime Fuel Economy: 39.49 mpg

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Air to cool the engine? Who needs it?


Well, I was a bit overzealous in my grill block. I originally had a small opening just below the license plate. This afternoon I worked to trim the grill block top to fit flush with the bumper, and I re-taped and re-installed before Linda and I went to the doctor (weekly ob checkup; our little one still isn't coming out!)
Linda was warm in the car so I turned on the A/C once we got on the highway. I noticed engine temps at the hot end of my gauge shortly after... I cracked the windows and sunroof and shut down the A/C for the rest of the drive and on the way home, but the engine temps stayed too high. I know the A/C will push the cooling system's capacity with a grill block, but I need to at least get to where I can drive the car, A/C off, without overheating. I trimmed it a bit tonight and made the opening about 2.5 - 3 times the original size. Tomorrow morning I have a 30 minute drive; we'll see what happens.


No comments: